A root canal is one of the most common treatments that an experienced dentist or endodontist carries out in order to repair and save an extremely decayed or infected tooth.
Your dentist may recommend a root canal treatment if the pulp of your tooth is damaged or the nerve your tooth is infected. During the procedure, your dentist removes the damaged and infected pulp, cleans the inside of the tooth, and finally seals the tooth.
There are several reasons why the pulp and nerve of your tooth become damaged or infected. Here are just some of them:
• Decay: Tooth decay is the most likely reason for damaging or infecting the pulp and nerve your tooth. The bacteria causing the decay, when left unchecked, can reach and infect the pulp of your tooth, causing severe pain and swelling and urging the need for a root canal therapy.
• Deep Fillings: Deep dental fillings, which have to be placed next to the pulp chamber, near the nerve of the tooth can cause sensitivity and pain. To address the sensitivity and pain, a root canal may become necessary.
• Trauma to the Face: A traumatic injury to the face can cause an inflammation of the pulp and damage to the nerve.
• Repeated Dental Procedures: When some dental procedures are carried out on the same tooth, it can put stress on the dental tissue. When these procedures are repeatedly carried out, it can inflame and damage to the nerve and pulp of the tooth.
The Signs That Indicate the Need for a Root Canal Therapy
– A severe toothache, especially when chewing or applying mild pressure on it
– Sensitivity or tingling sensation when consuming hot or cold food products
– Odd discoloration of the tooth
– Inflammation or swelling of the gums
– Persistent acne on the gums
Sometimes, there are no signs that indicate the need for a root canal!
Root Canal – Tysons Corner
The root canal procedure is complex, and therefore, it is sensible to see only an experienced dentist. When in need of a root canal, Tysons Corner residents can count on the vastly experienced dentists at SmilePerfectors. The skilled dentists in Tysons Corner at SmilePerfectors have carried out numerous root canals, and they do everything to make the procedure as comfortable and quick as possible.
The root canal therapy in Tysons Corner at SmilePerfectors guarantees a long-term relief. During the procedure, our dentists will numb the area around the afflicted tooth and remove the decayed material from the pulp. Next, they will thoroughly clean the inside of the tooth. Finally, they will seal off the tooth with a mercury-free dental filling and place a crown, if necessary, to prevent future damage or infection.
The effective root canal treatment in Tysons Corner at SmilePerfectors will help you save your extremely decayed or infected tooth. If you are a likely candidate for a root canal therapy, see one of our dentists today.
To discover more about our root canal therapy or to schedule an appointment, visit http://www.smileperfectors.com/page/root-canal-therapy.