A root canal is a treatment that is done by a dentist or an endodontist to repair and save a tooth that is severely decayed or infected.
A root canal treatment is performed when the pulp becomes damaged or the nerve of the tooth becomes infected. During the treatment, a dentist or an endodontist removes the infected or the damaged part of the nerve and pulp, and the inside of the tooth is cleaned and sealed.
A tooth becomes infected or dies for a number of reasons:
• Decay : Tooth decay is one of the most common reasons why you may need a root canal therapy. Bacteria causing tooth decay infect the pulp, causing severe pain and swelling.
• Trauma : A traumatic injury can cause an inflammation of the pulp.
• Deep Fillings : Dental filling that has to be placed next to the pulp chamber due to tooth fracture or tooth decay also leads to root canal therapy.
• Unknown reasons : Many times, it has been observed that pulp becomes inflamed and dies due to some unknown or unexplained reasons.
According to the patients who underwent root canal therapy, the treatment is a bit painful.
Common Symptoms of Root Canal
Here are some of the most common symptoms that necessitate the root canal treatment:
• Infected tooth becomes sensitive to cold and hot
• Infected tooth hurts when you apply pressure when biting
• You experience severe tooth pain or there is throbbing
• The area around the infected tooth becomes swollen
• You experience odor in your mouth or bad taste
Root Canal Treatment in Tysons Corner
If you are looking for a hi-tech dental center in Tysons Corner for a root canal therapy, then SmilePerfectors is worth considering. At SmilePerfectors, we have a team of endodontic specialists who specialize in the root canal treatment. They have performed hundreds of root canals and extractions, and they do everything possible to make the treatment as comfortable and fast as possible.
Root canal treatment at SmilePerfectors, Tysons Corner, guarantee a long-term relief. During the root canal treatment, endodontic specialists at SmilePerfectors carefully remove the inflamed or infected pulp, and clean and disinfect the inside of the tooth. After cleaning and disinfecting, the tooth root is filled and sealed with a rubber-like material called gutta-percha. Afterwards, the tooth is restored with a crown or filing for protection. After restoration, the tooth continues to function like all other natural teeth.
Effective root canal or endodontic treatment at SmilePerfectors help you preserve your natural smile, allows you to eat the foods you love and limits the necessity for frequent dental work.
To request an appointment online for root canal therapy in Tysons Corner, contact SmilePerfectors at http://smileperfectors.com/page/root-canal-therapy.